The unveiling of the Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer – All-terrain Competition Study (ACS), developed in partnership with Richard Tuthill.
The All-terrain Competition Study was undertaken by Singer at the request of a long-term client who, inspired by legendary rally cars including the 911 SC/RS and the Paris-Dakar 959s, asked for modifications to his air-cooled Porsche 911 that would enable the car to compete in off-road racing and to demonstrate extensive all-terrain exploration capabilities.
To highlight the broad repertoire of the ACS, the client commissioned two machines, one – in Singer’s iconic Parallax White – focused on high-speed desert rallying and a second – in Corsica Red – configured for high-speed, high-grip tarmac events and disciplines.
Porsche 911s prepared here at Wardington have dominated rally events for decades, with recent victory in the 2019 East African Safari Classic marking a fourth win in the gruelling 5000-kilometre event across Kenya and Tanzania. Our Safari successes sit alongside deep expertise from the world of WRC competition and events such as the Paris-Dakar.
“As is our habit, we chose to tackle our subject thoroughly,” notes Singer founder and Executive Chairman, Rob Dickinson. “We’re proud to have found the best in the world – always our ambition – to help us reach our goals. Like Williams Advanced Engineering before them with the Dynamics & Lightweighting Study, Richard Tuthill and his incredible team have allowed us to bring our vision for the All-terrain Competition Study to life in the most spectacular way.
“We’re confident that this machine will appeal to off-roading enthusiasm of all kinds, whether it be in the pursuit of professional competition at the highest level or adventure and exploration. ACS advances Singer’s capabilities in forced-induction, all-wheel drive, off-road ability and dynamic response – all of which will support our ongoing mission. This pursuit of focused competition studies is something you will see more of from us in the future.”
“This collaboration brings together the best of innovation, cutting-edge technology and decades of real rallying experience into one, amazingly capable, all-terrain off-road racing vehicle,” says Richard Tuthill, who was first to drive the ACS. “In the 1980s, my father partnered with Prodrive to prepare bodyshells for the Rothmans 911 SC/RS that served as part of the inspiration for ACS. I am delighted to have partnered with Rob and the team at Singer to bring this incredible machine to life and look forward to working with them in the future.”
Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer ACS Specification Highlights:
• Off-road competition capability, conceived with events such as the Baja 1000 and Dakar Rally in mind, but suitable for a range of surfaces
• Dramatically increased ride height, suspension travel and overall strength
• Carbon fibre body panels suited to quick replacement and easy underbody access
• Permanent AWD
• A twin-turbocharged, 3.6L, air-cooled flat-six with power starting at 450hp.
• Sequential racing transmission with front, centre and rear limited-slip differentials.
Summary Technical Specifications:
• 1990 Type 964 Porsche 911
• Core strengthening to monocoque for heavy duty off-road use, carbon fibre body panels and off-road race modifications including:
Suspension, wheels and brakes:
• Specialised long-travel suspension with twin, 5-way adjustable dampers per corner
• (8 dampers total)
• Forged aluminium 8×16” wheels with BF Goodrich All-Terrain tyres
• 4-piston, monobloc steel disc brakes with hydraulic handbrake
• 3.6L twin turbo-charged, air-cooled, Porsche flat-six
• Water-to-air intercoolers, with individual-bank charge coolers housed within the plenum and cooled by clamshell-mounted radiator
• Tuned for the demands of each event, power starts at 450hp and 420lb ft torque
• 5-speed sequential dog-box enabling flat-shifting. Manual and paddle-shift capable
• Permanent AWD
• Front, centre and rear, mechanical, plated limited-slip differentials
Additional Specialised Equipment:
• Long-range fuel tank
• 2 x full-size spare race wheels and tyres in front trunk area and rear storage area
• Full FIA specification roll cage
• Bespoke competition seats with FIA certification
• Rehydration system for driver and navigator
• State-of-the-art GPS race navigation system